This is a newsy letter, mostly an update about something that I’m sure you’d want to know about.
First a bit of backstory. There have been some weddings on the Mac side since you passed away. Katie married a great guy named Ryan, Adam married a lovely gal named Bethany, And this past summer Kellen married the beautiful Beverly, see?
So, that’s the wedding day, this past week I’m terribly sad to say that there was a fire in their apartment building! And what’s worse is that it happened while they were asleep (they both work 3rd shift) something I know I’ve always feared.
Luckily they were able to stay on their toes and get themselves and their two cats out safely.
It’s terrible to imagine their new home and all their treasures being destroyed by the fire.
Thank God someone had the good sense to bring them Starbucks. I hope it’s a salted caramel mocha… for their sakes.
Also I’m told we are fully allowed to give Kellen crap about his use of the word artifact. We’re praying that most of their belongings are still museum quality.
And then the next day, we all got this news:
HOLLAND TOWNSHIP, MI — A Holland Township fire that heavily damaged an apartment complex was started by a resident using a propane torch to remove a squirrel’s fur, Fire Chief Jim Kohsel said.
Kohsel said the resident was using a propane torch on a deck on the third floor of Clearview Apartments when the deck caught fire about 12:29 p.m. Wednesday. The resident was removing the squirrel’s fur in preparation to eat the animal, the chief said.
I talked on the phone to Aunt Betsy last night and she told me that the apartment complex has another apartment almost ready for Kellen and Beverly. The firefighters have not yet declared their building structurally sound enough for them to check out the damage.
We are all praying that it is graciously minimal.
So in conclusion: Fire in Kellen & Bev’s apartment, terribly sad:
Love you, Miss you,