Greetings from my dining room table in Michigan! As you’d expect there are still boxes everywhere and my brain is fried… and then some… then some more.
But guys? I’m just so happy to be back in Michigan, I’m feeling all the feels but mainly the overjoyed kind.
The most random things bring out the happy tears from me these days like green grass and grocery shopping. I always thought that I would be adventurous and live somewhere truly exotic but it turns out that there is something about West Michigan that will always feel like home. And now it feels like right here!
I want to write a sonnet for you about what coming home feels like… but for now I can only manage a list-style post, forgive me?
So here are the things that are thrilling me these days, the stuff of dreams that ring of home, of the right here right now of our life.
1) Sprawling lawns, carpets of soft fescue grass
2) Springtime flower beds dotted with every sort of tulip
3) A short drive to hobby lobby for creative supplies with Noelle
4) Cool breezes through our slider door, which looks out onto tall trees.
5) My Aunt Mar stopping over for a walk in the evening
6) Neighbor kids riding bikes down the street outside my front window
7) Tall trees, with bright spring leaves
8) Oberon on tap
9) The lure of Lake Michigan only 20 minutes away.
10) Drive through coffees at Biggby
11) Neighbors who stop over with cake and welcome cards
12) Planning girls nights in downtown Grand Rapids
13) Old friends asking to stop over and bring dinner.
14) Playing soccer on the front lawn.
15) Sleeping with the windows wide open and waking up to the morning song of bird life.
16) The joys of having a basement!
17) Crab Rangoon from Great Lakes Chinese enjoyed with friends who unloaded the truck
18) The promise of the Tulip Time Parade on Saturday
19) Grocery Shopping at Meijer
20) The hand of God doing more than I dared hope or trust in… like always.
Perhaps I’ll try to do a photo post soon of our new life here in Michigan? It’s all weird and in-between as Kel finalizes job stuff and we head into summer but we are settling in and oh so happy.
What rings of home for you? What simple pleasures bring silly, satisfied tears to your eyes?